This area has instructions to submit your payments as well as information related to scholarships and grants
Payments and Scholarships
Please follow the following steps to pay for the field camp deposit and balance in PAWS.
1. Log into PAWS (paws.gsu.edu)
2. Click the Finances tab
3. Click the "View/Pay Account" link in the "My Bill" box, and a new window for PantherPay will open
4. When in PantherPay, click the “eDeposits” tab at the top
5. Select the term Summer 2019 from the drop down list
6. Select Geology Field Camp from the next drop down list
7. Enter the amount you want to pay
8. Select the payment method and follow the rest of the prompts to submit the payment (you can pay with a web check or credit card)
Click in the following tabs to learn more about financial support
Field Camp Exxon Mobile Scholar award
This award is for undergraduate students to attend summer field camp. Twenty students from around the country will be awarded $2,000 each to attend the field camp of their choice based on diversity, economic/financial need, and merit.
Check the program information link for deadlines
NAGT Scholarships for Field Studies
Each year, NAGT makes several $500 awards to undergraduate students to facilitate their study of field geoscience. These awards, previously given to students who attend a traditional summer field camp, are now available for students attending field-based courses at any time of year. Awardees are selected based on the importance of the field experience in meeting their educational and career goals, the quality of the field aspects of the course, and the importance of the financial award in allowing them to participate in the program. In addition, the committee endeavors to select awardees that expand the diversity of people studying geosciences in the field and a collaboration with the Association of Women Geoscientists (AWG) funds two additional awards specifically for women.
Richard Gibson–TRGS Geology Field Course Award
Schools conducting university-level field-oriented capstone geology courses are eligible to nominate one student per course per year for this award. Nominations must come from a field course director. One award will be made per year.
The award will consist of a certificate, listing on the TRGS web site and TRGS publications, and a cash prize of $250 funded by Richard Gibson. Contact your field course director after your field experience to be nominated.
To be nominated as a top-performing student, please provide the following information to the your field camp director:
• Student name, contact information
• School name
• A brief description of the field course
• Narrative explanation supporting why you should be nominated, not to exceed two pages, with focus on performance in the field course.
• Simplified resume outlining noteworthy achievements in geoscience in addition to field course performance
Criteria: Awards will be based on evidence of a student’s technical ability, independence, creativity, improvement, general understanding, and likelihood to continue in a geoscience profession.
Ernest Fritz Memorial Field Camp Scholarship
Provides annual scholarships to students who are enrolled in the summer field camp course that are in good academic standing and require financial support to attend field camp. Set up an appointment with the field camp director to discuss your particular situation.